Understanding Pregnancy Workbook
Out of Stock
Normally ships within 2 weeks
Ships next business day
to add this item to your Wish List.
We hope you take advantage of this wonderful resource that teaches
expectant parents how to keep themselves and their babies healthy as
they take the remarkable journey through pregnancy. In this guide you'll
read the latest research-based recommendations that explain healthy
habits and partner involvement, all while stressing the importance of
good prenatal health.
- Fetal Development - overview of trimesters, changes to mom and baby in each trimester, 3D animation of fetal development.
Care - choosing a provider, routine appointments, ultrasounds, first
trimester screening, glucose tolerance test, Group B strep test.
- extra calories, weight gain, healthy cooking and eating habits,
USDA's "MyPlate,"" foods to limit or avoid, iron and folic acid, dental
hygiene, prenatal vitamins, cravings, beverages, breastfeeding
- Exercise - guidelines, safe and unsafe activities, exercise, warning signs, Kegel exercises, exercise tips by trimester .
- nausea, constipation, heartburn, faintness, round ligament pain,
backache, swelling, insomnia, leg cramps, Braxton-Hicks contractions,
general pregnancy warning signs, preterm labor signs.
- Hazards -
alcohol, smoking, illegal drugs, certain medications, X-rays, hot
tubs/saunas/tanning beds, tattoos, environmental hazards.
- Emotions - common pregnancy stressors, stress-relief tips, support, body image, relationship tips, dads, domestic abuse."
- Item CodeF01570B
- PublisherFocus on the Family