You’re not meant to mother alone.
explores the notion that women are not designed to mother alone. We are
designed to mother in relationship with other women who understand what
a mom’s life is like. We’re also designed to mother in relationship
with the God who created us. This book encourages every mother to find
her mothering community, a place where she can both give and receive
support in the many forms moms need. Beyond encouraging moms to be in
community, Better Together teaches how to build a tribe and what to do together once you have one, such as:
- Learn together—fill in each other’s weaknesses with each other’s strengths
- Help together—enjoy community while accomplishing various tasks
- Care Together—offer day-to-day care as well as crisis support
- Share together—find healing and strength in opening up to one another
- Pray together—stand in the gap for each other when one among you is just dogged tired
- Forgive together—enjoy the in-and-outs of mothering friendships, even the tough parts
- Encourage together—pay attention to one another and cheer each other on
Better Together presents an uncommon and compelling vision of motherhood: a group effort full of joy and strength.