By accessing any area of FocusOnTheFamily.ca (the "Website") including the Online Bookstore, the user acknowledges this notice, and agrees to the terms and conditions set out below. Except where stated otherwise, the terms "Focus on the Family" and "Focus Canada" shall be deemed to include Focus on the Family (Canada) Association and its affiliates, subsidiaries, successors and assigns.
Trademarks and Copyrights
All materials contained in the Focus on the Family Websites ("Online Material") are the copyrighted property of Focus on the Family. All trademarks, service marks, and trade names are proprietary to Focus on the Family. No Online Material from our Websites may be copied, reproduced, republished, uploaded, posted, transmitted, or distributed in any way, except that you may download one copy of the materials on any single computer for your personal, non-commercial home use only, provided that you:
1. Retain all copyright, trademark and propriety notices,
2. You make no modifications to the materials,
3. You do not use the materials in a manner that suggests an association with any of our products, services, events or brands, and
4. You do not download quantities of materials to a database, server, or personal computer for reuse for commercial purposes.
You may not, however, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute our Online Material in any way or for any other purpose unless you get our written permission first. Neither may you add, delete, distort or misrepresent any content on the Focus on the Family websites. Any attempts to modify any Online Material, or to defeat or circumvent our security features is prohibited.
Everything you download, any software, plus all files, all images incorporated in or generated by the software, and all data accompanying it, is considered licensed to you by Focus on the Family or third-party licensors for your personal, non-commercial home use only. We do not transfer title of the software to you. That means that we retain full and complete title to the software and to all of the associated intellectual-property rights. You're not allowed to redistribute or sell the material or to reverse-engineer, disassemble or otherwise convert it to any other form that people can use.
DISCLAIMER AND LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
FOCUS ON THE FAMILY WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR INJURY THAT ACCOMPANY OR RESULT FROM YOUR USE OF ANY OF ITS SITES. THESE INCLUDE (BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO) DAMAGES OR INJURY CAUSED BY ANY:
• USE OF (OR INABILITY TO USE) THE SITES
• USE OF (OR INABILITY TO USE) ANY SITE TO WHICH YOU HYPERLINK FROM OUR SITES
• FAILURE OF OUR SITES TO PERFORM IN THE MANNER YOU EXPECTED OR DESIRED
• ERROR ON OUR SITES
• OMISSION ON OUR SITES
• INTERRUPTION OF AVAILABILITY OF OUR SITES
• DEFECT ON OUR SITES
• DELAY IN OPERATION OR TRANSMISSION OF OUR SITES
• COMPUTER VIRUS OR LINE FAILURE
PLEASE NOTE THAT WE ARE NOT LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES, INCLUDING:
• DAMAGES INTENDED TO COMPENSATE SOMEONE DIRECTLY FOR A LOSS OR INJURY
• DAMAGES REASONABLY EXPECTED TO RESULT FROM A LOSS OR INJURY (KNOWN IN LEGAL TERMS AS "CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES.") OTHER MISCELLANEOUS DAMAGES AND EXPENSES RESULTING DIRECTLY FROM A LOSS OR INJURY (KNOWN IN LEGAL TERMS AS "INCIDENTIAL DAMAGES.").
• WE ARE NOT LIABLE EVEN IF WE'VE BEEN NEGLIGENT OR IF OUR AUTHORIZED REPRESENTATIVE HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITIY OF SUCH DAMAGES OR BOTH.
• EXCEPTION: CERTAIN PROVINCES MAY NOT ALLOW US TO LIMIT OR EXCLUDE LIABILITY FOR THESE "INCIDENTAL" OR "CONSEQUENTIAL" DAMAGES. IF YOU LIVE IN ONE OF THOSE PROVINCES, THE ABOVE LIMITATION OBVIOUSLY WOULD NOT APPLY WHICH WOULD MEAN THAT YOU MIGHT HAVE THE RIGHT TO RECOVER THESE TYPES OF DAMAGES.
• HOWEVER, IN ANY EVENT, OUR LIABILITY TO YOU FOR ALL LOSSES, DAMAGES, INJURIES, AND CLAIMS OF ANY AND EVERY KIND (WHETHER THE DAMAGES ARE CLAIMED UNDER THE TERMS OF A CONTRACT, OR CLAIMED TO BE CAUSED BY NEGLIGLENCE OR OTHER WRONGFUL CONDUCT, OR THEY'RE CLAIMED UNDER ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY) WILL NOT BE GREATER THAN THE AMOUNT YOU PAID TO ACCESS OUR SITES.
• PRICE AND AVAILABILITY INFORMATION ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE.
• ALL PRICES QUOTED ARE IN CANADIAN DOLLARS.
• FOCUS ON THE FAMILY RESERVES THE RIGHT TO LIMIT QUANTITIES.
Links to Other Sites
We sometimes provide referrals to and links to other World Wide Websites from our sites. Such a link should not be seen as an endorsement, approval or agreement with any information or resources offered at sites you can access through our sites. If in doubt, always check the Uniform Resource Locator (URL) address provided in your WWW browser to see if you are still in a Focus on the Family-operated site or have moved to another site. Focus on the Family is not responsible for the content or practices of third party sites that may be linked to our sites. When Focus on the Family provides links or references to other Websites, no inference or assumption should be made and no representation should be inferred that Focus on the Family is connected with, operates or controls these Websites. Any approved link must not represent in any way, either explicitly or by implication, that you have received the endorsement, sponsorship or support of any Focus on the Family site or endorsement, sponsorship or support of the ministry of Focus on the Family, including its respective employees, agents or directors.
Visitors may post product reviews and other communications, so long as the content is not illegal, obscene, threatening, defamatory, invasive of privacy, infringing of intellectual property rights, or otherwise injurious to third parties or objectionable, and does not consist of or contain political campaigning, commercial solicitation, or any form of "spam" or unsolicited commercial electronic messages. You may not use a false e-mail address, impersonate any person or entity, or otherwise mislead as to the origin of the posted content. Focus on the Family (Canada) Association reserves the right (but not the obligation) to remove or edit such content, but does not regularly review posted content. Focus on the Family (Canada) Association reserves the right not to publish, or to remove any content they deem, in their sole discretion, to be inappropriate for the website, for any reason whatsoever.
If you do post content, and unless we indicate otherwise, you grant Focus on the Family (Canada) Association a non-exclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable right to use, produce, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, perform, sub-license, translate, distribute, communicate to the public by telecommunications and display such content throughout the world in any media. You grant Focus on the Family (Canada) Association the right to use the name that you submit in connection with such content, if they choose. You represent and warrant that you own or otherwise control all the rights to the content that you post; that the content is accurate; that use of the content you supply does not violate this policy and will not cause injury to any person or entity; and that you will indemnify Focus on the Family (Canada) Association for all claims resulting from content you supply. Focus on the Family Canada has the right but not the obligation to monitor and edit or remove any activity or content. Focus on the Family (Canada) Association takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any content posted by you or any third party.
Any Content expressed or made available by third parties, including any other user of the Website, are those of the respective third parties and not of Focus on the Family (Canada) Association or its licensors, or any of its officers, directors, employees or agents.
Governing Law and Jurisdiction
The Website and the Online Bookstore (excluding linked websites) are controlled by Focus on the Family (Canada) Association from its offices within the Province of British Columbia, Canada. The Website can be accessed from all the provinces and territories of Canada, as well as from other countries around the world. As each of these jurisdictions have laws that may differ from the Province of British Columbia, by accessing the Website, the User agrees that all matters relating to access to, or use of, the Website, or any other hyperlinked website, shall be governed by the laws of the Province of British Columbia and the federal laws of Canada applicable therein. The User also agrees and hereby submits to the exclusive personal jurisdiction and venue of the courts of the Province of British Columbia and acknowledges that the User does so voluntarily and is responsible for complying with local laws.