Second-generation homeschooling mom Greta Eskridge shares 100 hands-on learning activities for kids that will connect and enrich your family through adventures, small and big. Turn off the screen and turn on the creativity, curiosity, and love of nature as you have a meteor slumber party, attend a symphony concert, take a hike in the rain, preserve colorful fall leaves, make nettle pesto, and venture into the great, wide, real world.
In 100 Days of Adventure, children ages 6 to 10 will
- unplug from electronics and explore the world, from backyard bugs to farmer's market veggies and plants along the trail
- learn about nature, art, music, and themselves through STEAM projects and new experiences
- bond with parents and siblings, learn new skills with individual investigations, or explore with friends in an educational or homeschool group
This full-color activity book for kids includes
- 100 indoor and outdoor activities, projects, experiments, crafts, recipes, and field trips, divided by season
- many activities that are free or low cost, with options for different kinds of families and locations
- step-by-step directions, nature journal prompts, tips, and checklists
- beautiful photos and helpful illustrations
- a note to parents with encouraging start-here guidance on growing a family culture of curiosity and adventure
Whether your family is looking for fun activities for school breaks at home, road trip vacations, or everyday ways to learn together, this collection of interactive educational activities will help your kids get creative, get into nature, and get closer to each other.
Don't miss Greta's essential guide for parents on building a connected and loving family through exploration, Adventuring Together: How to Create Connections and Make Lasting Memories with Your Kids.