It’s a mad, mad world and rare is the person who gets through a single day without encountering an irritating, frustrating, or anger-producing situation. Deborah Pegues, author of the award-winning and bestselling 30 Days to Taming Your Tongue
(more than 650,000 sold), is once again a voice of hope in this indispensable guide for dealing with short-term and long-term feelings of displeasure.
Pegues reveals that anger is a secondary emotion. She uses biblical and modern-day stories to help you identify 18 primary emotions that may be at the root of your anger—and to choose Scripture-based responses for effectively dealing with them. You will discover anger-taming strategies such as
- predetermining how to respond to certain triggers
- deactivating your “anger buttons”
- developing a divine perspective toward frustrating people or circumstances
- exercising the fruit of the Spirit to thwart impatience and irritability
- understanding how food and other factors affect mood